Everyone wants to have healthy and shiny skin, but few people know that you can use common kitchen ingredients to make your skin glow without spending tons of money on expensive spa treatments. One such ingredient? The humble potato!
Every skin type needs something special now and then, so why not opt for something natural?
Potatoes are packed with vitamins A, B, B1, B3, B6, and C, along with minerals like phosphorous and potassium. Prepare a potato face pack suitable for your skin type and reap the benefits.
This article will tell you how to make your own potato face mask and why this treatment will leave your skin looking and feeling healthier than ever before.
Let’s dive right in!
What Nutrients are in the Potatoes?
Potatoes are a great source of nutrients like,
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B
They also contain antioxidants that can help protect your skin from damage.
Related Reading: How To Get Rid Of Acne Prone Skin – A Complete Guide
Benefits of Potato Face Pack on Your Skin
- If you are looking for a natural and affordable way to achieve shiny skin, look no further than the humble potato.
- Potato face masks are easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
- DIY potato face packs can be tailored to your specific skin type and needs.
- Best potato face pack will help to improve your skin texture, tone, and elasticity.
- Regular use of a potato face mask can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Not only does this homemade potato face pack leave your skin looking shiny and new, but it also feels softer and smoother after just one use!
- Potatoes contain calcium and potassium that can hydrate your skin from the inside out.
- The natural bleaching properties of potatoes help reduce melanin production while also treating hyper-pigmentation and whitening the skin.
- Besides reducing dark circles and bags under (and around) the eyes, potato juice is also high in Vitamin C, which helps to stimulate blood circulation.
- Potatoes are also a great source of Vitamin B6, which has been shown to increase cell growth.
- In addition to their anti-aging properties, potatoes contain vitamins A, B, and C. These vitamins are essential to maintaining a youthful appearance of our skin. Additionally, they maintain the skin’s firmness.
Ingredients of Potato Face Pack
The best potato face pack is the one that you make at home with fresh ingredients. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for different potato face packs. You can choose these ingredients according to your face pack:
- Potato juice
- Lemon juice
- Honey (optional)
- Cucumber juice
- Olive oil
These are all the ingredients you needed to make different types of potato face packs for the skin.
Make a Potato Mask According to Your Skin Type
With our best knowledge of potatoes’ skin benefits, we’re sharing with you how you can make a homemade face pack using potatoes for a variety of skin types and concerns.
It’s time to tackle every type of skin concern, one potato mask at a time.
- A Potato Mask for Normal Skin
- Potato Pack for Oily Skin
- For dry skin, use a potato face pack
1. A Potato Mask for Normal Skin
This potato mask is just right for those with normal skin, who wish to hydrate or add glow to their skin.
The following items are needed:
- Juice from 2 potatoes
- Cucumber juice 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
Add all the juices to a bowl.
- Next, add a pinch of turmeric and stir well.
- Adding one more pinch of turmeric if the mixture is still too runny will result in a nice paste.
- Apply it to your face and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face after 15 minutes.
2. Potato Pack for Oily Skin
If you have oily skin, particularly during the summer, use this potato mask and let your skin glow. Or you can also add cucumber juice or mashed cucumbers to your potato base.
What you’ll need is:
- 1 boiled potato
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Milk 2 tbsp
- A tablespoon of oatmeal
Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mashing the potato is the first step.
- The second step consists of adding milk and lemon juice. To make the texture coarser, add the oatmeal to the paste once it has been formed.
- After applying the mask evenly to your face and neck, let it work its wonders on your skin for about 20 minutes. Wash your face after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
3. Face Pack with Potatoes for Dry Skin
We know how annoying dry skin can be, like after washing your face. All that dry, taut skin. We suggest that you use this potato mask to keep your skin hydrated.
Here are the items you’ll need:
- Boil and peel 1 potato.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a pan.
- Half a tablespoon of honey.
To make the mask, begin by mixing together mashed potatoes and olive oil.
- Get it thoroughly mixed, and then add honey to it.
- Next, spray a little rosewater on your face to prep it.
- After the paste cools down, apply it to your face and neck and wait for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it after 20 minutes.
Make a Potato Face Pack for Different Skin Concerns
A potato face mask is a great way to get shiny, healthy-looking skin at home. You can use a potato face mask for different skin concerns, like acne, scars, wrinkles, and more.
Here’s how to make a potato face mask for different skin concerns.
1. Acne-Prone Potato Face Pack
You can use a potato face mask to help banish redness and acne-prone skin. This DIY potato face pack is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients which are as follows,
- Potato (boiled)
- Tomato pulp (from 1 tomato)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
Grab a bowl,
- In a bowl, combine the potato and tomato pulp.
- Mix the mixture well and apply it to your face.
- Add lemon juice to the paste if you have severe acne.
- Use an antibacterial cleanser to remove the mixture after over 20 minutes.
2. Potato Mask for Removing the Tan
Knowing how difficult getting rid of a tan can be, especially after repeated applications of SPF, use this mask twice a week to attain tan-free glowing, and clear skin.
Here are the things you’ll need to make this mask,
- Boil and peel 1 potato.
- 1 Tablespoon of chickpea flour
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
Take a bowl,
- First of all, put all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- After mixing, place the mask evenly on your face and allow it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Do it twice a week to successfully eliminate a tan.
3. Pigmentation Potato Face Pack
This potato face mask will transform your complexion if you suffer from pigmentation.
The following items are needed,
- Juice from 2 potatoes
- The rice flour is 1 tbsp.
- Honey 1 tbsp.
- 1 tbsp of Juice lemon
Take a bowl,
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put the mask on your face and let it stay on for 20 minutes
- After drying, wash it with a mild cleanser.
How to Apply the Potatoes?
Start with clean skin and apply the potato face mask evenly. Leave it on for 10-20 minutes, and then rinse off with lukewarm water. You can use this potato face pack once or twice a week for best results.
When it comes to making your skin shiny, there’s nothing quite like a potato face mask. This DIY potato face pack is easy to make and will leave your skin looking its best. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover potatoes you have!
Did I Miss Anything?
When it comes to skincare, potato is a positive step in the right direction. Potatoes are known for their properties such as skin lightening, dark circle reduction, acne reduction, and glowing skin.
The potato is a vegetable rich in vitamins and minerals that are extremely beneficial to the skin. The content regarding the potato face pack we provided in this article can help you combat dark circles, puffiness, acne scars, etc.
We hope you enjoy these potato face pack recipes, and let us know in the comment box what you think.
Redefine Your Beauty with Beautilog!
Further Read: 17 Ways To Shrink Your Pores Naturally At Home