Have you ever wondered why your skin doesn’t have that natural glow? Do you know the kind of healthy, dewy sheen that makes you look effortlessly beautiful? The good news is, that there are a few simple things you can do to get your skin glowing – and one of them is using olive oil for glowing skin.
The benefits of olive oil go far beyond your diet and cooking, and it’s not just good for your health, but also for your skin.
In fact, using olive oil as part of your regular skincare routine can help give you radiant, glowing skin that everyone will envy!
This article will cover seven uses of olive oil that are best for your skin, so keep reading to find out how you can use it to improve the way you look without spending too much money or time!
What is Olive Oil?
It’s a natural oil pressed from the flesh of olives (which are actually fruits), and it’s been used as medicine since ancient times. Today, it’s popular in foods like salad dressings and soaps, but not many people know that olive oil can be used on the skin as well.
Types of Olive Oil
1. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil is extracted from whole olives without using chemicals or heat.
2. Refined Olive Oil
It may be processed with chemicals or made from a mixture of olive oil and other plant oils. This may reduce its health benefits.
3. Virgin or Fine Olive Oil
Usually, a virgin or fine olive oil is a blend of extra virgin olive oil and refined olive oil, often made with less ripe olives. If you can’t find it in stores, you may need to order it online.
Which Type of Olive Oil is Best for the Skin?
When it comes to olive oil, extra virgin is the best type to use for your skin. This is because it has the highest concentration of antioxidants and oleic acid, which are both great for your skin. Plus, it’s less likely to be processed and refined, so it retains more of its natural nutrients.
Benefits of Olive Oil for the Skin
Earlier, we noted that olive oil is one of the most popular oils for achieving healthy skin and enhancing one’s complexion. So let’s take a closer look at the benefits of using it for radiant skin.
1. Rich in Antioxidants
Olive oil is packed with antioxidants that can help to protect your skin from damage. In addition, it’s rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, which promote healthy cell growth and collagen production. Studies have shown that olive oil may even reduce wrinkles and fine lines!
2. Remove Blackheads and Whiteheads
If you’re looking for a natural way to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads, olive oil may be the answer. The fatty acids in the olive oil help to dissolve sebum, the substance that clogs pores and leads to blemishes.
We all know that olive oil is good for us when we ingest it. But did you know that olive oil can also be used as a natural moisturizer? Just apply a small amount to your face and neck after cleansing, and you’ll see a difference in the way your skin looks and feels.
4. Repairs Skin Cells
Olive oil helps to repair damaged skin cells. This is due to the fact that olive oil contains a high level of antioxidants, which help to protect cells from damage. In addition, olive oil also contains vitamins A and E, which are essential for cell regeneration.
5. Reduces Inflammation
One of the main reasons people use olive oil is because it can help to reduce inflammation. This is due to the fact that it contains a compound called oleocanthal. This substance works in a similar way to ibuprofen, which is an anti-inflammatory medication.
6. Antimicrobial in Nature
One of the reasons why olive oil is so effective in skin care is because it’s naturally antimicrobial. This means that it can help to kill off harmful bacteria that can cause breakouts, irritation, and other skin problems.
We all want to look young and fresh and olive oil can help with that! The antioxidants in olive oil can help fight the signs of aging by neutralizing free radicals. Plus, the fatty acids in olive oil can help keep your skin hydrated and supple.
8. Improves Skin’s Elasticity
It can also improve the skin’s elasticity. This is because olive oil contains a high amount of oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fatty acid that’s been shown to have many positive effects on the skin.
9. Prevents Water Loss from Skin
The main reason why you should use olive oil on your skin is that it helps to prevent water loss. This is because the oil creates a barrier on the skin that helps to keep moisture in.
10. Improves Blood Circulation
If you have poor circulation, your skin may look dull and unhealthy. So massaging olive oil into your skin can help increase blood flow and give you a healthier-looking complexion.
11. Olive Oil as Makeup Remover
Dip a cotton ball or pad in some olive oil and gently wipe away your makeup. Olive oil will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth — not dry and stripped like some other makeup removers.
12. Lightens Dark Spots
If you have any dark spots on your skin, olive oil can help lighten them. Simply massage the oil into the spots before you go to bed. In the morning, wash your face as usual. You should see a difference in the darkness of the spots within a few weeks.
You May Like to Read: Best Under Eye Masks For Dark Circles: The Ultimate Guide
Seven Ways to Use Olive Oil for Skin Glowing
Learn about various olive oil remedies that use a variety of kitchen ingredients for glowing skin.
1. Massage Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Glowing Skin
Using olive oil for skin glowing is an easy and affordable way to get beautiful, healthy skin. Simply massage a small amount of extra virgin olive oil into your skin each night before bed.
Massaging olive oil into your skin will help improve skin elasticity, hydration, and blood circulation.
All of these things contribute to a healthy glow and make skin appear brighter and younger.
Some people even swear that applying extra virgin olive oil helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, though there is little scientific evidence of it so far.
You can get your hands on some pure extra virgin olive oil by buying it online or visiting an ethnic grocery store in your area.
Many online shops also sell high-quality extra virgin olive oils that are perfect for massages or other beauty treatments.
It’s an inexpensive way to beautify yourself—and you can use it as a natural alternative to many common beauty products, such as moisturizer or conditioner!
2. Olive Oil with Coconut Oil
You may already use olive oil in your cooking, but did you know that it can also be used as a natural beauty product?
When mixed with coconut oil, olive oil can help improve your skin’s appearance. The fat in the oil works together to nourish and hydrate the skin.
Here’s how to use it:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of both oils in a small bowl.
- Add three drops of lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Rub on your hands, feet, face, or any other dry area of skin (just avoid sensitive areas).
- Leave on for 20 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Repeat once or twice per week for best results!
3. Olive Oil with Honey
When you mix olive oil and honey, you create a natural remedy that can be used to improve the quality of your skin.
Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it helps keep moisture in the skin. This is important because it can help prevent wrinkles and keep the skin looking plump and youthful.
Additionally, honey has anti-inflammatory properties which can help soothe irritated skin. And finally, olive oil is packed with antioxidants which can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Here’s how to use it:
- Wash your face thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey into 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until well combined.
- Apply the mixture to your face, neck, and hands (if desired).
- Allow the mixture to sit on your skin for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water or wiping off with a wet washcloth.
- If you have sensitive skin, try diluting this mixture 50/50 with purified water before applying it to your face.
4. Olive Oil with Lemon Juice
Looking for a natural way to get your skin glowing? Look no further than your kitchen pantry! Mixing olive oil with lemon juice is a simple and effective way to achieve radiant skin.
Here is how to use it:
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to a bowl and mix thoroughly. You can also add 2 drops of tea tree oil if you have it at home.
- It will do a great job in preventing your skin from getting oily throughout the day. After mixing, apply it to your face as you would any other moisturizer.
- The mixture should be used every morning as a cleanser before applying makeup or after coming back from being outside all day.
- If used at night, wash off before going to bed so that oils don’t disrupt sleep patterns.
- Don’t worry about the oily feel; the product absorbs into the skin leaving behind softness and hydration rather than an oily feeling or film on top of your skin.
5. Vitamin E Oil with Olive Oil
Vitamin E oil is an antioxidant, which means it helps protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause cellular damage, and they’re one of the main causes of wrinkles and fine lines.
Antioxidants help fight free radicals and keep your skin looking young and healthy. When you combine vitamin E with olive oil, you get a pack with all sorts of great benefits for your skin.
Here’s how to use it:
- Start by washing your face and patting it dry.
- Then, make a mixture of equal parts olive oil and vitamin E oil in a small bowl or cup (1 teaspoon each).
- Spread this mixture over your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
6. Olive Oil with Castor Oil
- Combine equal parts olive oil and castor oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture into your palm and massage it into your skin in a circular motion.
- Rinse the mixture off with warm water after five minutes.
- Repeat this process two or three times a week for best results.
- You can also add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture for an extra calming effect.
7. Orange Peel Powder with Olive Oil
- Mix together a small amount of orange peel powder and olive oil to make a thick paste
- Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for about 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- You can do this once or twice a week, depending on your skin type.
- Regular use of this mask can help to improve your complexion and give you a natural glow.
- Not only is this mask good for your skin, but it’s also very affordable to make at home!
- So why not give it a try tonight and see for yourself how well it works?
Can I Apply Extra-Virgin Olive Oil to My Face Every Day?
You might be thinking, Can I apply extra-virgin olive oil to my face every day? The answer is a resounding no. In fact, it’s better to use it only twice a week. Using the oil more often can cause your skin to produce more sebum (oil), which will lead to breakouts and an oily complexion.
Is It Okay to Leave Olive Oil on the Skin Overnight?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to leave the olive oil on your skin overnight. In fact, it can be beneficial! Leaving olive oil on your skin overnight can help to moisturize and nourish your skin.
What Are Side Effects Of Olive Oil On Skin?
While olive oil is generally considered safe, there are a few potential side effects to be aware of. These include:
- Allergic reactions
- Clogged pores
- Skin Breakouts
- Oily Complexion (in some cases)
If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to dilute olive oil with a carrier oil before applying it topically.
You should also do a patch test on a small area of skin before using it more broadly. Overall, however, olive oil is a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of your skin.
If you are looking for an effective olive oil face fairness solution, then try these affordable, easy-to-make home remedies.
Using one of these olive oil remedies regularly will give you glowing skin and a clear appearance.
We use no harsh chemicals to make these remedies. We’d appreciate your feedback on which remedy worked best for you; we would like to hear from you. Thanks for reading!
Redefine Your Beauty with Beautilog!
Further Reading: 13 Home Remedies to Reduce Facial Redness Fast